As herb lovers, we often get questions at classes and events regarding what are some of our favorite tools, our favorite herbs, and great books. So for fun, we thought we’d use this month’s blog to create a list of a few of our favorite herbal things. Maybe it will help you find something for the upcoming holidays for the herbal lover in your life.
Books and Magazines
- Medicinal Herbs – A Beginner’s Guide by Rosemary Gladstar – this is an amazing book for both beginner and advanced herbalists featuring some of our very favorite herbs and easy to make recipes and remedies. A must have for any herb shelf.
- Alchemy of Herbs by Rosalee de la Floret – an herbalist located in our own home state of Washington, and one Erin has taken quite a few classes from. This is book uses regular ingredients to help you create simple and effective remedies. Love the recipes and info on herbs!
- The Complete Herb Book by Maggie Stuckey – an easy to read and use book that includes an encyclopedia of a great many familiar herbs with black and white illustrations. Also has sections on gardening, cooking crafts and household products and healing. This was one of the first herb books we bought on a mother-daughter weekend at the beach many, many moons ago. Our copy is faded and almost falling apart - a testament to its many tears of use.
- The Herb Bible by Peter McHoy and Pamela Westland – a directory of the most popular and easy to grow herbs with colorful illustrations. A complete section on growing herbs from the planning to the caring for them. Also has sections on using herbs in cooking, crafts and home remedies.
- The Essential Herbal Magazine - filled with information, recipes, lore, and crafting ideas and instructions for using herbs and making them a part of your life every day. We eagerly await our copy in the mail every other month. Get your own or a gift subscription here